I love anything and everything that has to do with the ocean, so naturally I had to order the Seascape Bundle with the Sea Life dies. They pair perfectly with the Layering Diorama dies to make this stunning layered Seascape Sea Life Card. I used the alcohol and Blends technique to make the gorgeous “ocean” background.
- Sea Life Dies
- Layering Diorama Dies
- Sea of Textures Dies (retired, but you could use the dies from the current Friends Are Like Seashells or any other sea themed dies)
- Lovely You stamp set for sentiment (but you could use any sentiment)
- Basic White Cardstock (8 1/2” x 5 1/2” scored in half, 4” x 5 1/4” and scrap pieces for the seahorse, fish and coral cutouts)
- Bermuda Bay Cardstock (3 7/8” x 5 1/8”)
- Vellum (3 3/4” x 5”)
- Bermuda Bay Ink Pad
- Foil Paper (I used a rose gold I had laying around but gold or silver would also work)
- Champagne Rhinestones
- Glue and adhesive of choice
- Blends in Bermuda Bay, Night of Navy and Pool Party
- Spritzer filled with 91% alcohol
- Clear Epoxy Essentials
I started by taking my 4” x 5 1/4” white card stock and my Bermuda Bay cardstock and using the Layering Diorama dies to cut out the centers. Then I cut all my other die cut pieces (seahorse, coral, fish, sand dollar, etc) out of my white car stock and foil paper.
Next, I took my vellum and used my Blends to color wavy lines to mimic water. Then I sprayed the vellum with my alcohol spritzer. To speed up the drying process I used my heat tool, but you could also just let it air dry. Once that was dry I attached it to the white card base before attaching the Bermuda Bat cardstock layer over top. Finally, I attached the white layer with some dimensionals.
At this point all that’s left to do is to attach all the cut outs (seahorse, coral, fish, etc) to the card which I did with a combination of glue and dimensionals. Lastly, I stamped my sentiment in Bermuda Bay and attached that to my card with tape and a dimensional. I finished off the card with a champagne rhinestone for the eye of the seahorse and a few clear epoxy dots in the “ocean”.
I think this Seascape Sea Life Card is one of my all-time favorite ocean themed cards that I’ve made! What do you think?
If you love the alcohol technique, be sure to check out my Butterfly Brilliance blog post here.
Stamp with Polly
It is absolutely gorgeous! I’m gonna case it for my son and dil anniversary, they met in the Bahamas scuba diving. I think this will be perfect! Thank you ,
Polly Crouch says
Thank you! CASE away!