Making your own Designer Series Paper is so fun and easy. And when you use the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set, it’s really hard to mess it up. This project makes four gorgeous cards. It would also be fun to experiment with other stamp sets.
Here’s a list of the supplies I used for this project:
- Hand-Penned Petals stamp set
- Biggest Wish stamp set
- Tasteful Labels dies
- Basic White cardstock (one 8 1/2” x 11”, 4 pieces of 5 1/4” x 4” and then enough to stamp your sentiments).
- Cardstock for bases in Polished Pink, Fresh Freesia, Soft Succulent & Pale Papaya each cut 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” and scored in half.
- Ink pads in Polished Pink, Pale Papaya, So Saffron, Soft Succelent, Evening Evergreen, Coastal Cabana, Fresh Freesia and Black.
- Soft Succulent Blends
- Loose Flower Flourishes embellishments
- Adhesive and glue of your choice
First you will stamp the larger floral stamp from the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set and stamp the outside of your 8 1/2” x 11” Basic White cardstock randomly with black ink. Then you will take the second largest flower stamp and stamp four times inside the center as shown below.
Next, you will stamp the colors inside the flowers and leaves. What I love about this stamp set is that it’s not meant to be perfect, so when I say you really can’t mess it up, you really can’t! I started with Polished Pink for the largest flowers and then continued to stamp one color at a time until finished.
It really doesn’t matter which colors you use for which flowers. You could totally change up the colors if you wanted. I used a Soft Succelent Blend to color the stem, otherwise it was all stamping. I love the finished product.
Next, you will cut up the DSP into four 5 1/2” x 4” pieces and adhere them to your card bases. Then stamp the sentiments with the new Biggest Wish stamp set making sure that you coordinate the ink colors with the card bases. Next, cut the sentiments with the Tasteful Label dies and then glue a few Loose Flower Flourishes embellishments to the sentiments and attached them to the cards with dimensionals. Finally, you will stamp the 5 1/4” x 4” Basic White inside pieces of cardstock with a coordinating floral stamp and then attached inside.
And there you have it…four beautiful cards made from one sheet of your own Designer Series Paper!
Stamp with Polly