For this weeks Stamping with Friends Blog Hop we were asked to feature products that were in the retiring June-January Mini Catalog. I knew exactly which stamp set I wanted to feature – Yeti to Party. I love a good fun fold card and this Yeti to Party Christmas fun fold does not disappoint.
- Poppy Parade cardstock – 8 1/2” x 5 1/2” and scored at 4 1/4” and 2 1/8” and a scrap piece for scarf
- Plaid DSP 5 1/4” x 1 7/8” (I used the plaid from the Rings of Love DSP that was free during Sale-A-Bration but you could use any plaid or printed DSP of choice)
- Mint Macaron cardstock – 4 1/2” x 6 1/2” and scored at 3 1/4” and a scrap piece for sentiment
- White cardstock – (2) 4 1/4” x 3” and a piece large enough to stamp the Yeti and presents
- Yeti to Party stamp set and coordinating dies
- Black and Mint Macaron ink
- Poppy Parade, Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends
- Adhesive of choice
- Optional: Sequins, rhinestones, etc of choice…I used some retired sequin snowflakes
The construction of this card was fairly simple, believe it or not. I started by folding my Poppy Parade cardstock on the score lines and then attaching my plaid DSP. Then I stamped the snowflakes on my white pieces and attached those to the Mint Macaron cardstock before attaching that to the Poppy Parade piece (see photo above & below).
Next, I stamped the sentiment on Mint Macaron cardstock, the Yeti and presents on white cardstock and then colored the face with light Mint Macaron Stampin’ Blends, the horns with dark Mint Macaron and the presents with Poppy Parade before cutting them out with coordinating dies. I cut the scarf with a scrap piece of Poppy Parade cardstock. I used a stitched oval die for the sentiment but you could use whatever dies/shapes you have that fit the sentiment. Finally, I glued on the scarf and small present before attaching the Yeti, large present and sentiment with dimensionals. Be sure to position your Yeti towards the center or the scarf will bend when you open your card (you can also trim the scarf a little if necessary). I added a few little sequin snowflakes I had laying around, but you could add just about any sequin or rhinestone of your choosing or just leave as is.
And that’s all there is to it to making this easy Yeti to Party Christmas fun fold card. The Yeti to Party stamp set is retiring so if you don’t have it, you’ll want to snag it before is gone…and it’s on sale. As an added bonus, they also just added the coordinating dies to the clearance section (while supplies last). Find the stamp set here. Find the dies here. Be sure to leave me a comment and let me know what you think.
Stamp with Polly