Welcome to the Stamping With Friends Christmas Card Blog Hop! It’s been a while since I’ve joined a hop so I am really excited to showcase this Ringed With Nature Poinsettia Christmas card. Ringed With Nature is such a versatile set that can be used all year long for so many occasions. I have always been drawn to black and white cards with a pop of color, so the black and white plaid from the Rustic Harvest DSP was the perfect choice for this Christmas card.
- Real Red Cardstock – 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” & 2 3/4” x 4”
- Black Cardstock – 8 1/2” x 3” (scored at 4 1/4”)
- White Cardstock – 2 1/2” x 3 3/4”, 2 3/4” x 4” & 3/4” x 4”
- DSP (I used black & white plaid from Rustic Harvest DSP but you could use any black & white DSP on hand) – (2) 1” x 4”
- Ink: Real Red, Evening Evergreen & Merry Merlot
- Adhesive of choice
- Ringed With Nature stamp set
First I took my white cardstock pieces and stamped them with the poinsettia stamp and sentiment in real red. I used Merry Merlot for the center of the poinettias and Evening Evergreen for the leaves.
Next, I assembled the card. I started with the black center piece first, then attached the DSP to each side. I then attached the red center layer. Finally, I lined up the sentiment and hand cut the sides at angle before attaching the white pieces to the center (both inside and outside). Lastly, I used dimensionals to attach the sentiment.
I just love how this Ringed With Nature Poinsettia Christmas card turned out. If you wanted to take it up a notch you could easily add some rhinestones to add a little sparkle.
I hope you have enjoyed hopping with us. Be sure to keep hopping to see more great Christmas card ideas.
Stamp with Polly